DT 720 Dissolution Testers
ERWEKA DT 720 dissolution testers have been designed in accordance with USP/EP/JP requirements for testing tablets and other dosage forms. It combines state-of-the-art technology with excellent and user-friendly design. The High-Head and Low-Head operating modes offer increased flexibility. The tester can be used as a stand-alone machine, or as a dissolution system equipped with an automated sampling station and operated via the ERWEKA Disso.Net software.
The manual lifting column, with gas strut support for effortless operation, allows raising and lowering of the drive head in just a few seconds. Tablets are inserted through the sampling openings in the drive head via the standard tablet delivery system. Samples for analysis are withdrawn through special membrane sealed sampling openings inside the drive head. The evaporation is less than 1% during 24h (37.0°C, 50rpm, 1000ml).
The extensive use of carbon fibre has eliminated the use of bare metal and thus reduced the risk of corrosion to a minimum. The actual test-run parameters can be documented via a USB printer (optional).
Dissolution Testers with Flexibility
Two shaft length
The DT 720 range of dissolution testers can be fitted with High-Head or Low-Head shafts to which the desired stirrer method is fitted – i.e. paddle (stainless steel or fluoropolymer), basket holder and/or rotating cylinder. Due to the special design, height adjustment is not required.
Further stirring methods can be inserted into the media individually, enabling staggered testing as and when required.
- Technical details:
- Dissolution testers for USP methods 1 (basket), 2 (paddle), 5 (paddle-over-disk) and 6 (rotating cylinder) with 6, 7 or 8 test stations (726, 727, 728)
- 100 % USP/EP/JP compliant
- Fulfils all specifications in accordance with FDA “Mechanical Calibration”
- Low-Head- and High-Head operations
- LE display for each test parameter with up/down buttons
- Evaporation less than 1 % (50 rpm / 1000ml / 37°C / 24h)
- Lifting column with gas strut support for effortless raising and lowering of the drive head
- Automatic height adjustment of the stirring elements
- Automatic vessel centring via centring rings
- External high-power heater, heating range: 30-50°C, even distribution of temperature
- Wobble of less than 0.5 mm (paddles)
- Standard manual tablet drop magazine for 8 samples
- Height adjustment feet for quick levelling
- RS 232 interface for PC connection, USB B interface for firmware updates
- Dimensions: 830 mm (width incl. heater) / 640 mm (depth) / 940 mm (height) / 47 kg ( weight)
Flexible & versatile dissolution testers
DT 720 series options
- External PT 100 temperature sensor for water bath or media temperature display
- Automatic tablet drop with control of temperature tolerance (USP)
- USB A printer interface for documentation of the test run parameters (time, date, rpm, temperatures etc.)
- Low evaporation vessel cover for High-Head operation
- External cooling device with autonomous operation
- Video monitoring/recording of dissolution test in time lapse mode
- Vessels 1000 ml, 2000 ml, glass or amber glass (UV protected), 400 ml mini glass vessels
- Paddles, baskets, discs for paddle-over-disk, rotating cylinders, enhancer cell, intrinsic dissolution, felodipine baskets, suppository baskets and extraction cell
- Dissolution qualification tool kit
- Capability to upgrade to work as an Online dissolution system
- USP compliant automated sampling station with automatic height adjustment of sampling points
- IQ/OQ/PV documents with all dissolution testers
- IQ/OQ/PV servicing
- Maintenance service