Apprenticeship – Part Time
An Apprenticeship position has become available at Total Laboratory Service’s head office in Blandford Forum, Dorset.
This relaxed position requires an enthusiastic, capably minded individual between the ages of 16 and 18.
TLS sell, service and maintain specialist laboratory equipment. Started in 2009, our business is growing and we need a focused, enthusiastic apprentice to help manage our sales and service administration function. There are genuine prospects for progression and a permanent role.
35 hours per week including one College day.
12 months initially
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices applies to this role.
16 – 18 years old
4 GCSEs at A-C or equivalent including English and Maths
You should be able to travel to work in Blandford and to College at Lansdowne, Bournemouth.
Bournemouth & Pool College
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration, Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT Level 1, and Employers Rights and Responsibilities. One day a week at College for six months of the twelve month course.
You will receive in-house training on the job.
Total Laboratory Services was established in 2009 and is still family run. Our business has expanded rapidly and we are at a very exciting point of growth. We would like to share our success with a keen and motivated apprentice who could become part of our small team in the longer term on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
There is a lot of scope to develop skills and to really pitch in with the team, so a flexible and reliable approach will be important. You will need to maintain confidentiality at all times. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Sales order processing
- Preparing and issuing quotes
- Reconciling delivery notes
- Learning about basic accounting functions
- Inputting information on to spreadsheets and our database
- Answering the telephone and making outgoing calls
- Managing email traffic
- Maintaining accurate records and filing, both paper and electronic
- Assisting visitors such as customers and suppliers
- Assisting with deliveries
- Preparing and issuing literature packs
- Supporting our IT and Business Development functions
- Maintaining accurate service records
- Working with and supporting other members of the team as needed
How to Apply