Total Laboratory Services Ltd are seeking a Pharmaceutical Service Engineer to join our growing business. If you think you have what it takes to work independently and reliably while delivering quality, consistency, and professionalism – we’d like to meet you.
Who are we?
Total Laboratory Services Ltd provide specialist tablet testing equipment to the UK pharmaceutical, life sciences, veterinary and academic industries. We are the exclusive ERWEKA UK representative, who manufactures high quality, long-lasting pharmaceutical testing equipment such as dissolution, disintegration, and tablet hardness testers.
Total Laboratory Services Ltd are responsible for the delivery, installation, and servicing of new ERWEKA equipment, refurbished equipment, and offer on-going technical support via service contracts, repair/breakdown visits and spare parts provision.
We are a friendly, knowledgeable, and customer-focused business with over 25 years’ experience in this niche area of the pharmaceutical marketplace.
Who are ERWEKA GmbH?
ERWEKA GmbH is a leading international manufacturer of tablet testing equipment for pharmaceutical, academic, medical research and life-science industries all over the world.
Founded in Germany in 1951, ERWEKA is the only manufacturer to offer a product for every required test for solid dosage form drugs.
ERWEKA has one of the most comprehensive product ranges in the tablet testing marketplace, complimented by extensive knowledge and experience. The ERWEKA benchmark is top quality, from engineering and design to manufacturing and product support. Total Laboratory Services have been their UK agent for over 15 years and by joining our team, you’ll also be joining the ERWEKA family as well.
Location: You’ll ideally be Midlands-based but travelling nationwide to service our UK customer base.
Type: Full-time, primarily based outside of the office with occasional overnight stays. Part-time applicants will also be considered.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience initially but with scope to quickly increase over time.
Benefits: Paid personal sick leave and holidays. Company vehicle with fuel allowance. Accommodation, food and beverage allowance (while working away). Enrollment into company pension scheme. Equal opportunities employer.
Being a service engineer for Total Laboratory Services Ltd will take you to many interesting pharmaceutical laboratories and manufacturing plants across the UK. You’ll be meeting lab managers, equipment managers, analysts and research scientists, and will have the opportunity to directly provide a service to some of the most prestigious companies and universities in the business.
Core duties will include:
• Working independently, covering the entire UK, but primarily the Midlands and M4 corridor.
• Managing your time and travel needs independently and efficiently.
• Traveling to the customer’s workplace and staying away from home when required.
• Performing new instrument and software installations and completing associated documentation.
• Executing Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification and Performance Qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) services.
• Executing Performance Verification Testing (PVT)
• Providing customer training for instruments and software.
• Troubleshooting and repair of our customer’s laboratory instruments.
• Performing Preventative Maintenance (PM) and calibrations on customer’s lab equipment.
• Maintaining regular communication with the Service leadership team.
• Identifying new sales opportunities and informing the head office in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Experience and Training
• Chemistry and/or electromechanical education/background desirable but not essential.
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry, particularly in stability and QC labs, is preferred.
• Experience with tablet testing equipment (dissolution, disintegration, and tablet hardness testers) would be a bonus.
• GMP documentation experience preferred but not essential.
• Instrument calibration experience a plus.
• Ability to work with hand tools.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent in the use of English language.
• Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will receive full training at both our UK office and at the ERWEKA global Headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany on the operation, installation, and servicing of all our equipment.
We will accept applications from anywhere within the UK mainland, from anyone over the age of 21. You must hold a full, valid UK driving license and be able to travel frequently and be away from home
Please forward you contact details and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be asked to interview, and references may be requested.
Closing Date: 17:00pm, 28th April 2023
If you have any further questions about this job, you are welcome to contact email@example.com and where possible and fair, any queries will be answered that do not disproportionately affect other applicants chances of being selected.